Nick Frost in Blackbooks

Anything Nick has starred in, or been a part of, blab in here. Did you know...?

Postby NCTibby » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:25 pm

I think the release date is sometime in early May. Very excited to hear that Bill Bailey and Alan Rickman have joined up. Alan as Marvin? Oh, I can't wait.

Slick, from what I've read, the film just covers the first book Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's a very quick read, less than 150 pages if I recall correctly.
"Wait...there's no such thing as unicorns?!"
NCTibby
Frostitute

Postby MizSlick » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:07 pm

Tib, thanks for the info! Less than 150 pages? Insane! The last couple books I read were 386 and 830 pages respectively. I'm reading George Carlin's latest now and after that I'm thinking about "Hitchhiker's" or maybe starting the Harry Potter series. I've wanted to read those for some time now.

BTW, I just read your email and I will respond in kind. We're pretty busy today. Also, we've got a customer here right now who apparently can't understand our policy of calling pick up orders in ahead of time! Is that such a hard concept to wrap a brain around? And he's taking forever to decide what he wants! Ugh! I hate that! Doesn't he realize he's not our only customer? And that we don't have time to babysit him? Anyway, enough venting from me.

My brother called me Monday night and said my computer's ready! That means that in all likelihood I'll have a fine computer at home by this weekend! Yay! Now I can jump on and make comments while I'm watching Spaced or Black Books. Too cool.
And for some reason, it's got a tremendous fear of stamps!

http://www.myspace.com/slickopolis
MizSlick
Frostitute

Postby NCTibby » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:16 pm

Oh, so you're also having the kind of day that makes you want to tell everyone to f--- off? Glad I'm not the only one...

And yay for a new home computer!
"Wait...there's no such thing as unicorns?!"
NCTibby
Frostitute

Postby MizSlick » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:43 pm

Well, I wasn't having that kind of day until that idiot came in. Now it's taken a sudden turn for the worse, so I'm forced to vent:

I hate my fucking job! :x

I guess considering how good the last two days were I should've expected some shit to come along pretty soon. Oh, side note: I hope no one on this forum is offended by my rather liberal use of the 'f' word on here. If so, I'm seriously sorry. I just tend to type the way I talk and think. And I talk and think like a sailor!

MizSlick
Frostitute

Postby Baz » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:43 am

Nicks in the 3rd series of Black Books as well. Well actually, just his voice is. He plays the part of Paul, one of Mannys friends.
Baz
Frostitute

Postby MizSlick » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:16 pm

No shite? I didn't know that! Now I've got to go back and check out the "Moo-Ma & Moo-Pa" ep. I'm assuming that's the one you mean. Very cool indeed!

MizSlick
Frostitute

Postby Thomas » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:17 pm

Yeah, Harmony showed me that clip...it's the answering machine, right? I knew it sounded like him! Nobody can duplicate Mr. Frost.

But I am working on mimicing him! I will be the American Frost. Well, minus the weight. He can have that! That's what makes him, him!
Thomas
Frost Admin

Postby thirtyhelens » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:33 pm

MizSlick wrote:Oh, side note: I hope no one on this forum is offended by my rather liberal use of the 'f' word on here. If so, I'm seriously sorry. I just tend to type the way I talk and think. And I talk and think like a sailor!

Holy hell, Slicka - if they are offended by your use of it, then I shudder to think what they must think of me.

Fuck.

:wink:
"Thanks, Dag. I love that Odeon."

http://thirtyhelens.buzznet.com/user/photos/
thirtyhelens
Frostitute

Postby MizSlick » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:15 am

To quote Eric Cartman:

"Fuck, fuckety, fuck, fuck, fuck! "

God I love that South Park movie! Wonder if Simon, Edgar or Nick are fans of that show? I've never heard them mention it, but I'd bet they like it, at least to some extent. It certainly jumped the shark a while ago, but I'll always love it.

Ah shit. I'm so friggin' depressed today. We're slow, I wish I could go home. :(

MizSlick
Frostitute

Postby fuzzyfuzz » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:14 am

MizSlick:
God I love that South Park movie! Wonder if Simon, Edgar or Nick are fans of that show? I've never heard them mention it, but I'd bet they like it, at least to some extent. It certainly jumped the shark a while ago, but I'll always love it.
-----

i asked edgar if he'd seen & or loved Team America: World Police
(by trey parker & matt stone, creators of southpark)
- which he did, so i think its a given the boys are into southpark aswell.
...rrrrooooaaaarrrr...
fuzzyfuzz
Frostitute

Postby MizSlick » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:42 am

Was that on the chat (on the Squad site) by chance? I think I recall someone bringing that up in the chat the one night Edgar hopped on.

MizSlick
Frostitute

Postby fuzzyfuzz » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 am

it was on shaunsquad, yes.
...rrrrooooaaaarrrr...
fuzzyfuzz
Frostitute

Postby Mrs Pegg » Mon May 22, 2006 1:00 pm

I saw the episode with Simon as Evan. Oh my god, it's fantastic. Too funny!
"I'm really angry now!" :lol:
Mrs Pegg
Frostitute

Postby Buddy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:31 am

Just saw the entire run of Black Books. Enjoyed it a lot and it got better and better. I thought it was Nick's voice in Episode 3x03 and was going to post it onto the board but Baz beat me to it like 2 and 1/2 years ago. :lol:
Buddy
Frostitute

Re: Nick Frost in Blackbooks

Postby AntiBurnin » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:46 am

Hmmm, I know this might be kinda late but I just found the episode on YouTube about it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5wHeR8OVv4E

:D

And yeah, he looked more skinnier =o
but omg I laughed sooo hard when he talks about the unlocking code, the thing in his hair, and the lisp xD
AntiBurnin

Previous

Return to Others