Who have you shown SOTD to?

Shaun? Ed? I Got Wood indeed. Shaun Squadders welcome!

Who have you shown SOTD to?

Postby Mycelium » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:12 am

I only ask this because I showed my Christian Ethics class a clip of SOTD yesterday, and many of them were interested in watching the rest. I had to relate the clip to my world view and I think I did a good job at that. And all this week I've been lending my SOTD dvd out to my classmates.

Postby Bangers » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:53 am

Everybody I know who hasn't seen or heard of it, I work in an international office and alot of people haven't seen the film :shock:

The last person was my French friend Marie Josee, who LOVED it.
Last edited by Bangers on Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby twoseconds please » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:54 am

i pretty much showed it to all of my friends and got them into sotd.
Money talks, and it mostly says goodbye...
twoseconds please

Postby waitinforsimon » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:26 am

Yep everyone knows the film through me if they didnt before lol. In fact a woman in the US I know from lj saw it advertised in the paper and messaged me to say it made her think of me lol

Postby myntiefresh » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:24 pm

I showed it to my mom once. She hates it. She ripped my Shaun poster off of the wall. She thinks it's the work of the devil.

I'm not kidding. :|

Postby EmaSparrow » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:08 pm

myntiefresh wrote:I showed it to my mom once. She hates it. She ripped my Shaun poster off of the wall. She thinks it's the work of the devil.

I'm not kidding. :|

:shock: :shock: My mum wouldn't even watch it cause she thinks it'll be scary!

I showed it to my friend and my cousin and now they're hooked on it!! *que eveil alugh*
divorce from reality

Postby Geoi » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:07 pm

Yeah, I'm totally the same. I rented SotD the day it came out on DVD. The next day, I went back to the video store and BOUGHT IT.

I showed ALL my friends in Houston. I even lent it to my neighbor, and then he went to jail and all his shit got packed up along with my Shaun DVD! Grrr. I bought it AGAIN.

I moved to South Texas, and I've shown it to all my friends here!

I showed my Mom and my Stepdad, and my adopted Dad and stepmom.

I just bought another copy and mailed it to my real Dad in Washington yesterday.

I do nothing BUT spread the joy!
"We're fans who love watching grown men FLUSH CAKES!!! My god, HOW DARE WE not drink tea with our pinkies up. Fuck anyone up their own ass about maturity on those boards...."

Postby thequietman » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:04 pm

I show SOTD to everyone who will let me, and 9.9 out of 10 it changes that persons life for the better!

Postby Mayonnaise » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:04 pm

I've tried to show it to all my friend who have never watched it before and that led quite a few of them to buy it themselves 8)
Also... I gave it to some friends as part of their Birthday gift. It's only $10 so it's a great addition to their gift.

::insert Nick's "Yeeeeeeeea Boyeeeeeeeeee" sfx::

Postby Eilert Pilarm » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:23 pm

unbelievably, my mom, who's almost exactly 20 years older than moi (i'm 46.5 so do the math), saw it before I did. I have her beat on the sitcom Spaced though, cause her cable provider is SHITE (no BBC-America).

Nice to see 'Dawn and Tim' in there, along with the cast of 'Black Books' among other Brit shows i'm lucky enough to get on BBC-A.

Our local brew-pub/theatre should show Shaun of the Dead right along with Hot Fuzz. They show older movies so why the heck not. i'll ask 'em to do it.
Eilert Pilarm

Postby gemmauk » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:31 am

i showed it to my dad and i keep losing the disc and finding it in his dvd player. He loves it thinks its the best film hes seen in a long time.

Couldnt show it to my best mate because we went to the pics three times to see it and nw both own a copy.

Postby britbomber » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:45 am

I'm in a teacher training college (I'm going to be an English TEacher), and for Phonetics class we had to choose a film and work with it ...

Me and my groupmates used Hot Fuzz (the scene when Danny and Nicholas stop by Danny's house for a beer and then they watch Point Break) and I lent Shaun of The Dead to other group, who worked with the "never taken a shortcut before" scene ....

:nick: :simon:

I think my teacher loved both things, since the other groups chose quite boring films ....
... life ...
... a precious gift like boobs or rockets ...

Postby pnut » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:50 am

ive shown it to everyone i can think of. its only my family and about 2 close friends that got it. most of the other people in my town are dumb hicks and just think its stupid.

Postby brad woodgate » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:01 am

i dont think i have sat people down and made them watch it. but i just recommend it if im talking about simon or nick
brad woodgate

Postby SmilesIowa » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:07 am

I got my whole family to go to Hot Fuzz and they liked it so much they watched SOTD!

Return to Shaun of the Dead