Inconsistencies....

Talk and gossip about the crew of the Camden Lock in this sci-fi comedy which happens to be Nick's first ever lead role.

Inconsistencies....

Postby Mutt » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:48 am

I just got my box set last week and managed to watch both series a few times over during the holiday weekend. Family, travel and sleep be damned...

There were a few things going on that didn't really sit well with me and I didn't know if this was discussed elsewhere or perhaps it's just something I missed but:

In the opening of the first episode they're making announcements that it's "bring your clone to work day". Why then is it considered such an anomaly or accomplishment when York makes his own clone?

At the end of the first season they've failed their inspection and Cmdr Henderson is being decommisioned at which point he tells off the Spaceforce and they decide to go rogue. At the beginning of the second season they just seem to have gone about their merry way and be back in the semi-good graces of Spaceforce. Was there ever an explanation for this or did they just let it slide?
Mutt
Frostitute

Postby Thomas » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:59 am

They explain it, watch it again.
Sigh. You really don't like anything, do you Thomas?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
Thomas
Frost Admin

Postby Jemster » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:26 am

in Green Javelins, Teal says 'oh, and we had 2 go on the run, we lasted 8 minutes and u only got to keep your job because my dad had a word' or along those lines.but yep, the clone bit is odd!
Jenny...I don't think we should do role-play anymore...
Jemster
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:23 am

I think the point was that they cloned the clones with DNA, but York made his York out of his own bodyweight in emissions.
"We're fans who love watching grown men FLUSH CAKES!!! My god, HOW DARE WE not drink tea with our pinkies up. Fuck anyone up their own ass about maturity on those boards...."
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby Mutt » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:35 am

They explain it, watch it again.

GAH, you sound just like some of my old teachers... Why do the work myself when I can impose on others to answer for me?

in Green Javelins, Teal says 'oh, and we had 2 go on the run, we lasted 8 minutes and u only got to keep your job because my dad had a word' or along those lines.but yep, the clone bit is odd!

Thanks, I watched both seasons twice and must have missed that bit both times...

I think the point was that they cloned the clones with DNA, but York made his York out of his own bodyweight in emissions.

Essentially just a running 'poop' joke?
Mutt
Frostitute

Postby pnut » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:29 pm

you might be able to find a lot of "inconsistencies" in hyperdrive, but its a sci fi, so an explanation is so easy to just come up with on the spot.
YOU WANT ME MAKE BANANA CRY?
pnut
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:56 pm

Are you saying my conlcusion was a load of bollocks Val? :lol:
"We're fans who love watching grown men FLUSH CAKES!!! My god, HOW DARE WE not drink tea with our pinkies up. Fuck anyone up their own ass about maturity on those boards...."
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby pnut » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:59 pm

lol

not necessarily, im just saying there are so many explanations that anyone could make up, its so easy. im pretty much saying- stop coming up with these inconsistencies, because its easy to explain them. you could even come up with your own theory, try it, you might like it :P
pnut
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:09 pm

"Try it, you might like it" - Nick in Danger. Nice quote placement Val!

Yeh, try using your imagination. Makes sense to me.
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby pnut » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:10 pm

:wink:
pnut
Frostitute

Postby Mutt » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:52 pm

Jemster wrote:in Green Javelins, Teal says 'oh, and we had 2 go on the run, we lasted 8 minutes and u only got to keep your job because my dad had a word' or along those lines.but yep, the clone bit is odd!

Okay... watching it again and I picked up on that part... but I had to watch the scene several times and eventually hit the subtitles to get it. She says it so fast and such a heavy accent that I couldn't understand what she was saying.
Mutt
Frostitute

Postby pnut » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:08 pm

i've watched so much frost and other british stuff that i almost always understand what theyre saying. of course theres the little slip ups here and again, but for the most part its easy.
pnut
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:45 pm

pnut wrote:i've watched so much frost and other british stuff that i almost always understand what theyre saying. of course theres the little slip ups here and again, but for the most part its easy.

^^ ditto! :nick: Sometimes I can't even tell if they are british or not. Just sounds so normal.
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby Mutt » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:22 am

pnut wrote:i've watched so much frost and other british stuff that i almost always understand what theyre saying. of course theres the little slip ups here and again, but for the most part its easy.

99% of the time I've no problem with it aside from the occasional new turn of phrase or a cultural/political reference I'm not familiar with.... this just happened to fall in that 1% of the time.
Mutt
Frostitute

Postby pnut » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:26 pm

yeah, it happens to the best of us :P
pnut
Frostitute

Return to Hyperdrive