Hot Fuzz, Best Comedy- Empire Awards

Big Cops. Small Town. Moderate Violence. Discuss.

Re: Hot Fuzz, Best Comedy- Empire Awards

Postby pnut » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Mutt wrote:
pnut wrote:i dont think its like that at all. his hair styles arent that fucking crazy. mustache, goatee and sideburns? sounds normal to me. anyways, theres a video up on the empire website

Sounds normal to you? Yeah, and a Picasso doesn't sound that odd if you just call it a picture of a girl or an Escher sounds pretty dull if you just call it a painting of some staircases.

dude, you have the wrong idea. the movies set in 66. im sure you are aware of what the hair was like in the 60s. thats why he has sideburns. or "chops". i dont know if you bothered to go to the theater and see penelope, but hes got a fucking goatee. my uncle has a goatee. my dads had a goatee. im sure plenty of people you know have had goatees. its not a crazy extravagant hair style. nick likes to be authentic, which is why he grows the hair himself, instead of putting on some glue. that goes for mike as well. MUSTACHE. the only thing "wild" about his facial hair is the names people give them. its just the way the characters look man.
and thats not looking at Shaun and Fuzz, where hes pretty much clean, and those are his most notable roles anyways.
YOU WANT ME MAKE BANANA CRY?
pnut
Frostitute

Postby velocity_shingo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:29 am

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =365529732

Edgar posted a blog with a interview :D
velocity_shingo
Frostitute

Postby Mutt » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:40 am

dude, you have the wrong idea. the movies set in 66. im sure you are aware of what the hair was like in the 60s. thats why he has sideburns. or "chops". i dont know if you bothered to go to the theater and see penelope, but hes got a fucking goatee. my uncle has a goatee. my dads had a goatee. im sure plenty of people you know have had goatees. its not a crazy extravagant hair style.

Well, I'm not all that familiar with the hair styles of the 60's since I was born well after that. I doubt you really are either. And yes, I understand that he's getting ready to be in a period piece...

I've seen his goatee in Penelope and the pictures of his mustache in Wild Child... there's nothing normal about either one of the ones he was wearing. And maybe in a 60's setting with 60's clothes those chops would just be "sideburns" but seeing them in a modern setting they look like clown shoes.

In my opinion... Mike Meyers and Dana Carvey are hack actor/comedians who need wild and crazy outfits to get over and I just hate to think after seeing Nick's last few roles that he might be getting pigeonholed into that niche as well. You don't agree? That's fine...
Mutt
Frostitute

Postby commanderhenderson » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:01 am

Hot Fuzz deserved it. Nick Frost looked so funny. They are clearly all enjoying themselves. Go Hot Fuzz!
Space Force, a Hyperdrive fansite.
HyperdriveFacebook Fan page.
commanderhenderson
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:02 pm

Mutt wrote:
dude, you have the wrong idea. the movies set in 66. im sure you are aware of what the hair was like in the 60s. thats why he has sideburns. or "chops". i dont know if you bothered to go to the theater and see penelope, but hes got a fucking goatee. my uncle has a goatee. my dads had a goatee. im sure plenty of people you know have had goatees. its not a crazy extravagant hair style.

Well, I'm not all that familiar with the hair styles of the 60's since I was born well after that. I doubt you really are either. And yes, I understand that he's getting ready to be in a period piece...

I've seen his goatee in Penelope and the pictures of his mustache in Wild Child... there's nothing normal about either one of the ones he was wearing. And maybe in a 60's setting with 60's clothes those chops would just be "sideburns" but seeing them in a modern setting they look like clown shoes.

In my opinion... Mike Meyers and Dana Carvey are hack actor/comedians who need wild and crazy outfits to get over and I just hate to think after seeing Nick's last few roles that he might be getting pigeonholed into that niche as well. You don't agree? That's fine...

Yeah, we've never seen anything from the 60's on television or anything.

And I think those chops are AWESOME!!!! Every man should grow some at least once!

Oh, and comparing Nick to SNL guys is blasphemy. Just because he's picking up a few quick, interesting roles here and there, and being noticable in them, doesn't mean it's going shape his career into that direction for good.
"We're fans who love watching grown men FLUSH CAKES!!! My god, HOW DARE WE not drink tea with our pinkies up. Fuck anyone up their own ass about maturity on those boards...."
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby Mutt » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:34 pm

Geoi wrote:Yeah, we've never seen anything from the 60's on television or anything.

And I think those chops are AWESOME!!!! Every man should grow some at least once!

Oh, and comparing Nick to SNL guys is blasphemy. Just because he's picking up a few quick, interesting roles here and there, and being noticable in them, doesn't mean it's going shape his career into that direction for good.

You saw something on television? Really? Well then I take it all back that clearly speaks to your expertise! I hereby forego my right to an opinion then and will worship everything that Nick touches as his presence alone can turn shite into rainbow sprinkles.

As penance for my "blasphemy" you should definitely come punish me. Spank me with a rolled up paper... I've been a naughty, naughty doggy.
Mutt
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Yeah, cos we're not allowed to have our opinions either right? Sorry if I sounded harsh dude. I should have put some smileys. :P Then maybe you'd have taken it how I meant it.
"We're fans who love watching grown men FLUSH CAKES!!! My god, HOW DARE WE not drink tea with our pinkies up. Fuck anyone up their own ass about maturity on those boards...."
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby Mutt » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:22 pm

Geoi wrote:Yeah, cos we're not allowed to have our opinions either right? Sorry if I sounded harsh dude. I should have put some smileys. :P Then maybe you'd have taken it how I meant it.

Then by all means... express an opinion without having to bash mine... *smiley*
Mutt
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:37 pm

*ugh* I was expressing mine. Just like you were expressing yours. Don't be so defensive. Chillax. I don't know what kind of asshole's you're used to dealing with, but I normally don't go out looking for an arguement.

Granted, I am coherently overly-protective of Nick. I know this. I do think he's awesome in every single thing he does. I'm not kidding either. I think he's the best actor ever, and one of the coolest guys on Earth. That's me. That's my opinion, and I've never waiverd from that. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to "intentionally" come out and chastise you for feeling differently. That's why I said that I should have put smileys,,, so you'd know that I wasn't dissing you for your opinions, but rather expressing my own.

Anyway...
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:13 pm

pnut wrote:
i had no idea they were married!

I didn't know that either! Whoa! Well done Amanda!
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby pnut » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:22 pm

from peggster:

others:

^cornholing? :flirt:
pnut
Frostitute

Postby Xantus » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:01 pm

haha, from the empire gallery captions..
"Nick Frost - who, with those 'burns, has been dubbed by some in our office the 'widescreen Wolverine' - and his bestest chum in the whole world, Peggatron."
:rofl:
It's all fun and games.... until your best friends try and eat youImage
Xantus
Frostitute

Postby pnut » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:40 pm

dude, i can just imagine nick playing wolverine...... that would be so intense :love:
pnut
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:02 am

I love it! I can't even WAIT for that film to come out! Is it just me, or does he look extra-british with those chops? :rock:
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby pnut » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:11 am

he looks extra-man!
pnut
Frostitute

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Fuzz