Alamo Drafthouse Cinema HF Screening!!!

Big Cops. Small Town. Moderate Violence. Discuss.

Alamo Drafthouse Cinema HF Screening!!!

Postby Geoi » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:16 pm

So Priest and I will be at the Hot Fuzz screening on March 31st. And,,, well, Priest tells me that he has met a lot of supercool people at these type of events at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin... Including Quinten Tarrentino. He says Quinten hung out for quite a while after the event and just chilled with the fans.

I hope Nick and Edgar are as cool as that!

I hope. Even though I know Nick doesn't particularly care for hanging out in public with people he doesn't know. But hell, if Quinten will... Maybe...

Priest, tell us about the Drafthouse Cinema!
"We're fans who love watching grown men FLUSH CAKES!!! My god, HOW DARE WE not drink tea with our pinkies up. Fuck anyone up their own ass about maturity on those boards...."
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby Priest » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:30 pm

Geez, I don't know what to say. The original Alamo (the one where the hot fuzztival will be) is in the warehouse district in downtown Austin. It used to be an old one screen theatre back in the 50's and 60's. In the late 90's a couple from Seattle moved to Austin and bought the space currently used downtown. They had a dream of giving Austinites a vastly different viewing experience then anyother before. The offered a wide variety of foods ranging from bar fare (wings, nachos, etc) to occasional gourmet, movie inspired dinners. The theaters are set up with a row of cabaret style tables in front of normal movie seats. There is an isle between the tables and seat backs of the row in front of each row allowing waiters to move quietly without interupting the movie or patrons. Shortly after opening the Alamo started showing weird and off the wall films and tv programs from around the world. Of the seven theaters, the downtown theater is unique for being the host of many important film events in Austin, such as the Quentin Tarantino Film Festival and Harry Knowles's annual Butt-numb-a-thon ( a 24 hour film festival held every year, attracting such celebs as Mel Gibson and others) I have met Quentin, Bruce Campbell, Chuck Norris, and the cast of MONSTER SQUAD! (lol) I go almost every weekend and they are always doing cool/crazy shit there.
Priest
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:10 pm

Ever go to the Rocky Horror Picture Show they have there? I'm gonna have to hit that up next month.
"We're fans who love watching grown men FLUSH CAKES!!! My god, HOW DARE WE not drink tea with our pinkies up. Fuck anyone up their own ass about maturity on those boards...."
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby Priest » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:38 pm

Been years and years since I hit up Rocky Horror.
Priest
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:41 pm

We'll have to make a date then. Don't worry, Dusty won't mind. :nick:
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby Priest » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:02 pm

Doink don't scare me none.... :mrgreen:
Priest
Frostitute

Just got back from meeting Nick and the boys at Alamo

Postby 2Orangey4Crows » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:06 am

Just got back from a marvelous HotFuzztival at the Alamo theatre in Austin Texas. Got to meet Nick and the boys. He was incredibly sweet...they all were I just cant believe it all really happened...it was so surreal!!! We got quite a bit of facetime with the boys and they were more than happy to chat it up with their fans!! They even gave out hugs and kisses it was FRIED GOLD!!! I will be posting the pictures and videos of the entire Q & A and signing sessions, also will post the part where we got to hang out after the show for a few minutes before they whisked off into the breezy Austin night in their shiny black Navigators! Post more later until then cheers!!!
2Orangey4Crows
Frostitute

Postby Trucast » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:19 am

Cheers!
The big bloody spider killing macho piece of man.
Trucast
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:00 pm

Yeah, I met Kim in the ladies room. We all got a lot of time with Nick, and Simon,,, and what's his face,,, j/k. It was the bomb!

Here's the link to the pics I posted on the GD forum..
http://frostitution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2523
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:05 pm

And I got sort of drunk. Go figure. It was fun.

And, in the Q&A session, I had my hand up to ask a question, and Nick goes, "I'll probably regret this, but you, angry drunk"

I asked "If given the choice between either, doing endless Q&A sessions, OR smoking a Jazz cigarette, which would you choose?"

He said "I think I'm at a point in my career where I can do both. I say both"

Then when I gave him the birthday card y'all signed, I said, "I'm lazy and cheap, that's why that card is the way it is." Nick goes, "Really, I am too, maybe that's why we have this bond"

He's so fuckin cool y'all. I'm still stoked.
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:44 pm

Oh yeah, and at the signing after the show, they said you could only have one article per person signed. I said, I was gonna have Simon sign the Sotd, (I'd gotten Edgar's earlier in the day,, he sat right in front of me during Supercop.), and I would have Nick sign the Danger DVD. They said ok.

Nick grabs the Sotd DVD and starts signing it and I go, "Nick, that's not the one I want you to sign, I want you to sign this one. They said only one signature per person."

Nick goes, "Yeah, well, I can sign whatever I want. Can't I?"

I was like, "Uh, yeah dude, sure."

He was so freaking cool guys. So was Simon. Edgar was pretty nice too, but he was more tired I think.

Simon and I spoke for a few minutes afterwards inside, and then outside also. He really likes the sites and boards.

Nick and I talked for what seemed like forever. Both inside and outside. I couldn't believe he would take so much time to chat with his fans. Kim, 2oragney4crows got it on digi vid. Too sweet!
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby Trucast » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:48 pm

Glad you had a good time, and its great that you guys had time to speak to them a bit longer than me :)

Can't wait to see the vids.
Trucast
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:03 pm

Yeah, it sucks that I was wearing the clothes I wore to work. But wtf, I can't remember the last time I really cared about what I wear.

I got there around 4 cuz I got off work at like 1pm. Then I drove straight there.

It also sucks dog shit that I got a gnarly sunburn on my left arm and my face from driving, and sitting in Austin traffic. Someday I will learn to like my airconditioner more than the fresh air and quit hanging my arm out the window.

I ended up getting home about 4 am. I was up for 24 hours. YAY! It was so worth it though.
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby Trucast » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:06 pm

Hey don't complain, at least you guys down there can actually GET sunburn. You see how high up I am? I'm next to Norway (ish)! Even if you could get sunburn, you must wear suncream otherwise you will instantly die of cancer. Obviously.
Trucast
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:22 pm

This is me when I got home, tired as fuck and burning up film so I could get the pics developed.

LOL. I looked like a zombie! And felt like one.
Geoi
Frostitute

Next

Return to Hot Fuzz