Fandom In a Vacuum: The Yankee Spoiler-Free Fuzz Thread

Big Cops. Small Town. Moderate Violence. Discuss.

Fandom In a Vacuum: The Yankee Spoiler-Free Fuzz Thread

Postby thirtyhelens » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:12 pm

'Kay, so if that other thread over there is for hard NEWS....this one is the fun one. The one where you get to put on your thinking caps and post about the kind of stuff you hope to see, want to see, would LOVE to see the guys do with this here moving picture. (Because lord knows, they're not giving away much of anything, those teases. So go for it - go fucking NUTS! No ammo is all the ammo we need! :lol:)

For example, casting: It's probably safe to assume that besides Simon and Nick, we'll get appearances from some of the Spaced/Shaun stable. (Jess, Pete S.....Mark Heap would be fab since he wasn't in SotD.) Who else, though? - actors you think would fit well into this equation. Maybe we'll determine a door prize later if someone mentions an actor who actually IS in the film. LOL!

I'll toss Philip Glenister's name into the hat - brilliant actor. Like Bill Nighy, he has a commanding presence and can do comedy when it's required. And he can play a perpetually fucked-off, hard-assed cop like nobody's business.
Last edited by thirtyhelens on Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Thanks, Dag. I love that Odeon."

http://thirtyhelens.buzznet.com/user/photos/
thirtyhelens
Frostitute

Postby NCTibby » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:24 pm

Oh, yeah, that guy! I've seen him in State of Play and Horatio Hornblower but never caught his name. Warren Clarke kinda' fits that description as well; he did play a country constable in Dalziel and Pascoe for all those years. And you could also have Geraldine McEwan as a nosy old spinster who knows all the village business. Do you think Robbie Coltrane and Chris Eccleston are out of budget range?

I hope they have at least one or two good cop/bad cop interrogation scenes. See any episode of Homicide with Andre Braugher in The Box questioning a suspect. Or for a more comedic leaning, that episode of Black Books where Manny thinks he's a cop. "After all this is over, what do you say we go and see Les Miserables?"

And slo-mo John Woo shootouts are a must.
"Wait...there's no such thing as unicorns?!"
NCTibby
Frostitute

Postby thirtyhelens » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:31 pm

NCTibby wrote:And you could also have Geraldine McEwan as a nosy old spinster who knows all the village business.

Niiiice. Or, alternately, Francesca Annis as the sexy older village widow with a secret.

Do you think Robbie Coltrane and Chris Eccleston are out of budget range?

I think Robbie's probably out of availability range...Order of the Phoenix just started filming. :P

And slo-mo John Woo shootouts are a must.

Absolutely. With doves, of course... or whatever indiginous West Country birds they can get their hands on. Hee. :wink:

thirtyhelens
Frostitute

Postby NCTibby » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:35 pm

With doves, of course... or whatever indiginous West Country birds they can get their hands on. Hee.

Oh, they could get the pigeons that the homeless guy was trying to eat in SotD. It'd be like a running (flying) avian joke for all the Big Talk films.

One more thing: Police Dog Colin. :lol:
NCTibby
Frostitute

Postby thirtyhelens » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:40 pm

NCTibby wrote:One more thing: Police Dog Colin. :lol:

I think I just burst a cute vessel. :D Awwww! (And Ada's still alive, is she not?)

thirtyhelens
Frostitute

Postby rhys » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:12 pm

I'd love to see Bill Bailey as a country bumpkin type.
rhys
Frostitute

Postby feckless_dykey_prostitute » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:22 pm

rhys wrote:I'd love to see Bill Bailey as a country bumpkin type.

That would be brilliant.
feckless_dykey_prostitute
Frostitute

Postby Munt / » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:17 pm

David Mitchell is quality. I've no idea what the plot is like but him as an innocent bystander cought up in it all could be a spin off in itself.

He am a comedy god.
Munt /
Frostitute

Postby rhys » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:34 pm

Munt / wrote:Image

David Mitchell is quality. I've no idea what the plot is like but him as an innocent bystander cought up in it all could be a spin off in itself.

He am a comedy god.

Good call, I was just thinking the other day that he should be in films.
rhys
Frostitute

Postby NCTibby » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:50 pm

Yes, Bill Bailey as the kind of country bumpkin who sees UFOs over the moors or something. Do they have that stereotype in England?

So I'm thinking (or dreaming, actually)...

Possible Coppers: Colin Salmon, Trevor Eve, Jason Flemyng, Dexter Fletcher, Reece Shearsmith, Tamsin Greig, Keeley Hawes, Hermione Norris, Nicola Walker

Possible Townies: Tim McInnerney, Rik Mayall, Ade Edmondson, Jennifer Saunders, Sarah Alexander, Michelle Gomez, Sanjeev Bhaskar and Meera Syal

Possible Baddies: Ian Richardson, Charles Dance, James Wilby, Martin Kemp (laugh all you want, but he was quite good in Eastenders and The Krays)

And purely for my own selfish reasons, I'd love to see Michael Kitchen in an immaculate suit sitting behind a Scotland Yard desk. But that's just me.
NCTibby
Frostitute

Postby rhys » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:56 pm

NCTibby wrote:Yes, Bill Bailey as the kind of country bumpkin who sees UFOs over the moors or something. Do they have that stereotype in England?

Martin Kemp (laugh all you want, but he was quite good in Eastenders and The Krays)

Not really with UFOs.

And no he wasn't.
rhys
Frostitute

Postby thirtyhelens » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:25 am

Munt / wrote:[img]I've no idea what the plot is like but him as an innocent bystander cought up in it all could be a spin off in itself.

The whole point is that we don't know what the plot is like; don't let that hold you back, for god's sake. ;-)

That said, yes he'd make a remarkably good nervous, sweaty hostage with a gun pointed to his head and/or bomb strapped to his chest. From the Shane Black-inspired part of the film....

thirtyhelens
Frostitute

Postby mcbabsi » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:04 pm

I would - of course - cast myself (!) as Simon's love interest. Now before you all remind me that I'm not a "proper" actor, I might add, neither was Nick Frost when he started out - and look what' s become of him!!!
I'm his age, too, so that would fit perfectly... :lol:
mcbabsi

Postby thirtyhelens » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:58 pm

Well, you're on the fast track for that door prize now we know he's in it for sure, but I wonder if we shouldn't hold you to the country bumpkin bit on a technicality. We dont' know who he's playing yet. ;) Ooh, the suspense....

Since I'm completely hung up on Life On Mars at the moment, I'm going to see my earlier Glenister and raise you the very lovely and distinctly fantastic Liz White. Y'know, if they need a sassy lady copper; she hasn't really had a chance to kick much ass on the show but somehow I get the feeling she'd pack a whallop. Also Marshall Lancaster, just because I love his face. :lol:

ETA: Also, now that Edward Woodward (OMFGEDWARDWOODWARD!!! :LOL:) is not a secret anymore, anyone want to speculate on who he's playing?

thirtyhelens
Frostitute

Postby rhys » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:25 pm

thirtyhelens wrote:

Well, you're on the fast track for that door prize now we know he's in it for sure, but I wonder if we shouldn't hold you to the country bumpkin bit on a technicality. We dont' know who he's playing yet. ;) Ooh, the suspense....

Meanie.
rhys
Frostitute

Next

Return to Hot Fuzz