Marvel Movies

Books, Television, Music, etc. etc. all goes in here!

Moderator: Trucast

Postby JessicaDwyer » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:23 am

I LOVE DOWNEY. I think he's going to be perfect. He's got that great combination of darkness and snark. Hee!!

Now we just have to get Johnny Depp cast as Dr. Strange and life will be good...or Morbius.. Oh god...that would be AWESOME.
If you make friends with the monsters, then you won't be scared.
JessicaDwyer
Frostitute

Postby thirtyhelens » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:11 am

It's probably the most interesting casting for a comics film in a loooong time, and I do think it's got a lot of promise. :) I'm really excited about IM now, whereas I wasn't terribly before, even with Favreau.
"Thanks, Dag. I love that Odeon."

http://thirtyhelens.buzznet.com/user/photos/
thirtyhelens
Frostitute

Postby elenapandora » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:24 pm

thirtyhelens wrote:It's probably the most interesting casting for a comics film in a loooong time, and I do think it's got a lot of promise. :) I'm really excited about IM now, whereas I wasn't terribly before, even with Favreau.

I know, me too. ;-) I'd never have thought of him, but I'm definitely interested.
elenapandora
Frostitute

Postby TheDeadWait » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:44 am

New X-News from IMDB.com so take it with a grain of salt...

Lost star Josh Holloway is being tipped to star in the next X-Men movie as fan favorite Gambit. Holloway, who plays Sawyer on the hit TV show, was set to star as Gambit in X-Men: The Last Stand but pulled out because of TV commitments. But it's reported the model/actor will star in the next installment, which will not feature many of the film's original stars, including Hugh Jackman, Sir Ian McKellen and Halle Berry. The film's producer Lauren Shuler Donner tells Moviehole, "Remember in Lost? There was a guy in there that was the perfect Gambit, the guy with the straight hair, good-looking, the bad boy… Sawyer. The reason we didn't use Gambit was because in a sense his persona is a bit like Wolverine in that he's got attitude and his power is not quite as exciting as the others. That's why we went to Nightcrawler on 2 because he looked different than everybody else and he had a great power. So yes, I think we would weave Gambit within our story, (but) it wouldn't be The Gambit Movie." Gambit possesses the ability to charge objects with energy, causing them to explode.
The first male PeggLegg and damn proud of it!
TheDeadWait
Frostitute

Postby thirtyhelens » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:30 pm

Ladies and gentlemen.....*drumroll*.......Norrin Radd:

*sigh* Add to that the voice and fluid grace of Doug Jones and it's exciting as all hell.

Knowing it's going to come packaged inside the framework of the sequel to THAT film.....is not. :?

thirtyhelens
Frostitute

Postby elenapandora » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:45 pm

TheDeadWait wrote:New X-News from IMDB.com so take it with a grain of salt...

Oh, just realized, this is real grain of salt stuff. There's no word yet on any future X-films, other than Wolverine.

And Norrin Radd is totally cool. Gives one at least a little hope about the movie.
elenapandora
Frostitute

Postby thirtyhelens » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:34 pm

OK, everything I've said to date still stands. But given all my misgivings about the script, the direction, certain casting, etc. etc.....

I just came in my new Cacique knickers.

thirtyhelens
Frostitute

Postby JessicaDwyer » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:54 pm

thirtyhelens wrote:OK, everything I've said to date still stands. But given all my misgivings about the script, the direction, certain casting, etc. etc.....

I just came in my new Cacique knickers.

Holy shiznit. Could it be that they got it right this time...at least in so far as The Surfer? I mean...If he's as good as that trailer makes him out to be, I can suffer the Alba as Sue.

Wow... that was actually cool.
If you make friends with the monsters, then you won't be scared.
JessicaDwyer
Frostitute

Re: Marvel Movies

Postby pnut » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:32 pm

i was sure there was a thread for this, but whatever

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/ ... cl=7396646
YOU WANT ME MAKE BANANA CRY?
pnut
Frostitute

Previous

Return to General Media