Marvel Movies

Books, Television, Music, etc. etc. all goes in here!

Moderator: Trucast

Marvel Movies

Postby JessicaDwyer » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:29 pm

Probably the coolest thing I've ever read in a while:

Peter Fonda is cast as Mephisto in the new Ghost Rider movie. Freaking awesome... He's such a cooky dude. :brock: Get your motor running baby...
If you make friends with the monsters, then you won't be scared.
JessicaDwyer
Frostitute

Postby thirtyhelens » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:43 pm

:shock: Wow. That's, um....quite a coup. (Still not altogether pleased about Cage, but we'll see what he brings...)

I still can't believe Hulk 2 is in active development (we talked about this, Jessie) - but they've got Bana locked down so I suppose they think they'd be fools not to take advantage of it. That fact on its own, well yes, they're absolutely right....but balanced against the rest of the equation? Hmm...the franchise is still salvagable, if they really put their minds to oit.

On the other end of "salvagable" - according to Avi, Daredevil is "taking a rest." Thank fuck.

And he also says we'll have an X3 director "shortly." Whaddafug does "shortly" mean exactly? - I want hours and minutes. (And Joss, preferably, but I know pigs will fly first...)
"Thanks, Dag. I love that Odeon."

http://thirtyhelens.buzznet.com/user/photos/
thirtyhelens
Frostitute

Postby LiquidSeahorse » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:22 pm

The Hulk 2?! The first one was HORRIBLE.. Ok there's my two cents.
LiquidSeahorse
Frostitute

Postby TheDeadWait » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:20 am

Bryan Singer needs to direct X3. This whole you get canned if you do a DC movie is crap. They are movies for God sakes!
The first male PeggLegg and damn proud of it!
TheDeadWait
Frostitute

Postby thirtyhelens » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:23 am

Actually, Singer didn't get canned....he walked. He wanted to do Supes over at WB and Fox didn't want to wait for him. Neither side is completely without fault, IMO.

Speaking of which, there are some weeeeird X3 rumblings going on. Check this out:

http://chud.com/news/1813

Even the barest implication that Rodriguez might have something to do with it is making me light-headed, so I'm just going to go have a sit-down....discuss amongst yourselves. ;)

thirtyhelens
Frostitute

Postby TheDeadWait » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:37 am

Whoops my fault. A couple of friends told me that he got canned because of the Superman movie. :oops:
TheDeadWait
Frostitute

Postby thirtyhelens » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:04 am

Understandible, there's a lot of animosity there regardless.

There WAS a rumor that if Bryan were to have cast Shawn Ashmore as Jimmy Olsen, then Fox would have sacked li'l Iceman from X3. But that's just a rumor....:mrgreen:

ETA: This article just made me choke on an olive - thanks, CHUD boys! *ROTFLMAO!* And yet....it made me very, very sad at the same time...

thirtyhelens
Frostitute

Postby JessicaDwyer » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:16 am

A bit off topic, but is anyone else creeped out by that f'ing Lord of the Rings game Ad?

The guy looks like the bastard son of Peter Lorre and Elijah Wood.
JessicaDwyer
Frostitute

Postby thirtyhelens » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:48 pm

LOL.... creepy, no, Jessie?

And I'm going to change the topic right back - how is it that I missed Dan Cudmore's name on that Craigslist X3 listing?! Pete's in?!?! Like, fer shure? EEEEEEP! (And smart move - Colossus's single moment in action in X2 got one of the biggest reactions I've ever seen out of an audience on opening night. They flipped OUT, yo. More, please...)

thirtyhelens
Frostitute

Postby TheDeadWait » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:13 pm

I still dont know why they put Pyro and Iceman in X-2 instead of having Gambit and Colossus. I had to settle for Remys name on the computer :roll:
TheDeadWait
Frostitute

Postby thirtyhelens » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:38 pm

See, Iceman I love; always been a Bobby fan. And I'm actually rooting for Remy NOT to show up now if only to keep the relationship with Rogue intact. Yes, it's a major tweak but they are feckin' CUTE together and bob dammit, Bobby never got the girl in the comics. :D (Lorna, seriously? Havok?! Whatever...) And I liked the idea of bringing in Pyro as a young kid and having him defect...in the comics, he's boring background/cool power, IMO. Stanford is great, too.

When David Hayter (*sigh*) did his Q&A at the Arclight a couple years back, he explained a lot about why certain characters were selected over others. Gambit was left out because two of his main characteristics - his bad-boy personality and the nature of his power - are cancelled out by others. (Wolverine's the bad boy, and Cyclops is a shooter - a main concern was that they had as much variety as possible in the mutations they were going to put on screen.) Plus he's just not a fan, LOL. I can always respect those sentiments, even when I don't agree with 'em.

thirtyhelens
Frostitute

Postby TheDeadWait » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:50 pm

Iceman is a "cool" character but I always saw him as one of Spidermans "friends". Gambit is one of those characters where you either love him or hate him. Unfortunatley most fans hate him.

I think I was the only one that yelled out to Rogue during X2 "Your cheating on Gambit!" A true fanboy moment. I did get a few laughs though.

I would love for him to be in the next movie but if Colossus gets a bigger part without taking away from Nightcrawler Id be happy with that too.
TheDeadWait
Frostitute

Postby thirtyhelens » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:23 pm

Ahhhhh, child of the 80's you. :) Are you talking about the Saturday morning cartoon that had Spidey teamed up with Iceman and Firestar??? LOL, I remember that - that was one of my first exposures to him too, but he was one of the original Fab Five first. *nod*

I think I was the only one that yelled out to Rogue during X2 "Your cheating on Gambit!" A true fanboy moment. I did get a few laughs though.

Hee - very cute, Robbie. :D Sounds like the fanboy seated in front of us at that film, who leapt out of his seat when the credits began to roll, threw his fists in the air and hollered "DARK PHOENIX, BABY! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" :rofl: I wanted to hug him...

I would love for him to be in the next movie but if Colossus gets a bigger part without taking away from Nightcrawler Id be happy with that too.

Word. I love what Alan Cumming's done with the part. God, I'd kill for some Kurt/Pete/Logan tag-team action. Eeeee! (Though I have a feeling we won't get any Fastball Specials - Cudmore's a big'un but so is his Hughness, and I don't think all the FX tricks in the world could make him toss HJ convincingly. LOL)

thirtyhelens
Frostitute

Postby Cutmaster_Frost » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:54 pm

Gambit is my fave x men of them all, pole and cards two great weapons
Cutmaster_Frost
Frostitute

Postby JessicaDwyer » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:41 pm

Gambit is amazing. But unless it's Vincent Ventresca playing him, I can't see him being brought to life on the screen. The man was born to play Remy. I LOVE REMY. But they have no way of making the Rogue thing work since she's so young. And Gambit has to be early 30's. That whole worldly thing won't work unless he is.

oh and my true geekness: I have the entire Spiderman and his Amazing Friends on SVCD. LOVE IT. Especially since it's really Stan doing the intros. And they do the episode where Iceman and Firestar bring Spidey to the Xmansion, they actually had Wolvie with an Australian accent....psychic much???!!
JessicaDwyer
Frostitute

Next

Return to General Media