Playstation 3

Books, Television, Music, etc. etc. all goes in here!

Moderator: Trucast

Playstation 3

Postby pnut » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:04 pm

im sorry, but i grew up with a playstation and i cant convert to x box. its just so much closer to my heart. :P
so i think it should have its own thread, cause x box does. although, i dont think anyone on here actually has one... id like one. anyways, today for the first time i saw one in "the flesh", or "plastic cover". quite a beautiful machine, in my opinion. people were playing it, but on a small shitty tv, so i didnt get to check out the graphics.
YOU WANT ME MAKE BANANA CRY?
pnut
Frostitute

Re: Playstation 3

Postby trady » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:21 pm

I want one too, would buy one now, but saving up for trip in the summer. Probably just wait till next ff comes out. Then I gotta buy a stupid 40" flatscreen just to be able to enjoy it because no 17" monitor is gonna work. Stupid capitalist society. :lol:
trady
Frostitute

Postby Buddy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:20 pm

I had a Playstation and then switched to the Xbox. Seriously, it's not that hard to convert. :wink:

pnut, maybe you don't realise it but you're very anti-Microsoft. :P
Buddy
Frostitute

Postby trady » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:16 pm

What's wrong with that, it's not like they need any sympathy/more money.
trady
Frostitute

Postby Monkey Weasel Donut » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:52 am

At the moment I have a PS2 and when I upgrade, it's going to be to a PS3. And before anybody starts telling me all of the wonderful advantages that an XBox 360 or Wii has over Playstation, just keep in mind that I'm going to a PS3 for 2 very simple reasons:

1. I still have PS1 and PS2 games that I enjoy playing and want to continue playing them.

2. It seems like Blu Ray is winning the format wars for the next generation of DVD's, so if I buy a PS3, problem solved.

Now, unless someone can gaurantee me that I can play all of my PS1 and PS2 games on either of the other systems (without buying add-ons) or that they have superior quality DVD play over Blu Ray, I think I'll stick with my original plan, thank you very much. :P
Monkey Weasel Donut
Frostitute

Postby Buddy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:17 am

I'm not sure about the newer models of the PS3 in the US and Canada but I think for everywhere else, Sony disabled the ability to play PS1 and PS2 games.
Buddy
Frostitute

Postby pnut » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:04 pm

no, you can definitely play ps1 and 2 games on the 3. ive seen it be done :P

Buddy wrote:I had a Playstation and then switched to the Xbox. Seriously, it's not that hard to convert. :wink:

i think i may have noticed that. its not intentional, i guess theyre just not my kind of company. :wink:

but i pretty much agree with monkey. i only have a couple of good games, and theyre ps2. and blu ray is kicking ass at the moment.
pnut
Frostitute

Postby Priest » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:57 pm

trady wrote:What's wrong with that, it's not like they need any sympathy/more money.

And Sony does???
Priest
Frostitute

Postby Priest » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:59 pm

pnut wrote:no, you can definitely play ps1 and 2 games on the 3. ive seen it be done :P

Buddy wrote:I had a Playstation and then switched to the Xbox. Seriously, it's not that hard to convert. :wink:

i think i may have noticed that. its not intentional, i guess they're just not my kind of company. :wink:

but i pretty much agree with monkey. i only have a couple of good games, and theyre ps2. and blu ray is kicking ass at the moment.

On the early version there was "some" back playability. But to reduce production cost all new versions will no longer be back playable. I will probably get a PS3 eventually if for nothing else but the Blu-Ray palyer.
Priest
Frostitute

Postby trady » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:51 pm

Priest wrote:
trady wrote:What's wrong with that, it's not like they need any sympathy/more money.

And Sony does???

No, but i'd pick sony over microsoft from using their products.
trady
Frostitute

Postby Buddy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:06 pm

I bought a PS3 today. :oops:

It was for my brother though, he wanted it for his birthday. :x
Buddy
Frostitute

Postby pnut » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:35 am

damn man. now you gotta get one for yourself!.. and me. :P
pnut
Frostitute

Postby Priest » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:39 pm

Well looks like im gonna get mine in August as thats when I'm gonna be getting my $600 check from tha gub-ment. I still like the 360 far more but hey its $600 free bucks and I do need a blu-ray player.
Priest
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:09 am

JB! Hahaha! I was thinking the EXACT same thing! I'll be getting $900 though, but I'll spend that extra 300 only on Gavrie, since it's her money. That kid needs a Wii though. :wink:
"We're fans who love watching grown men FLUSH CAKES!!! My god, HOW DARE WE not drink tea with our pinkies up. Fuck anyone up their own ass about maturity on those boards...."
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby loki » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:47 am

Yeah there are two issues with PS3 backwards compatibility. The first one is due to the fact that the system itself can not run old games, so it must actually emulate a ps2/ps1 similar to a PC in order to run them. For that reason there are some coding issues that will make some games forever unplayable on it (but thats why you still have your old ps2 right?). Also Sony themselves is a problem, because of the online store. They want to re-sell you all your old games, so they can give your wallet a nice kick to the nuts. If you want to play your old games keep that old system at hand.

I'll be getting one eventually just because of Blu-ray (and GT5/MGS4/FF13 hah) but theres one thing I always have to warn people because no one realizes this (and thats because it makes NO SENSE), the ps3 is packaged WITHOUT HD CABLES! No component, no HDMI nothing but good ol' RCA cables. This is a pain to those who don't want to spend another $89 for a 6ft HDMI cable. I don't understand it either, at least MS was nice enough to give you component cables with the 360. Just a heads up.
loki
Frostitute

Next

Return to General Media