Quentin Tarantino appreciation thread

Books, Television, Music, etc. etc. all goes in here!

Moderator: Trucast

Quentin Tarantino appreciation thread

Postby Geoi » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:40 pm

BRILLIANT!!!!! Love everything he's done. Pulp Fiction still has to be my fav still, though Death Proof was kick ass!
"We're fans who love watching grown men FLUSH CAKES!!! My god, HOW DARE WE not drink tea with our pinkies up. Fuck anyone up their own ass about maturity on those boards...."
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby pnut » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:54 pm

quentin rocks to the max!! best shit eva!!! :nick: :nick: :nick:
nick approves!!
YOU WANT ME MAKE BANANA CRY?
pnut
Frostitute

Postby pnut » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:38 pm

isnt this his next project?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0361748/
YOU WANT ME MAKE BANANA CRY?
pnut
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:56 pm

NICE! Tim Roth and Michael Madsen are gonna be back! YAY! :rock:
"We're fans who love watching grown men FLUSH CAKES!!! My god, HOW DARE WE not drink tea with our pinkies up. Fuck anyone up their own ass about maturity on those boards...."
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby brad woodgate » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:36 am

looks good. will be interesting to see what this developes into.
brad woodgate
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:02 pm

Can't wait to see the gunshot wounds! :mrgreen:
Geoi
Frostitute

Re: Quentin Tarantino appreciation thread

Postby Priest » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:11 am

As Geoi may know if she can remember me. :wink: I'm a HUGE Tarantno mark. I own every film (except jackie brown) (bleh) That he has ever written or directed. I've met him a couple times here in town at the Alamo Drafthouse and he's so insanely down to earth and cool.
Priest
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:06 am

JB! Miss ya mate!

If you come back here, tell us about meeting Quentin. Like what he said and did and whatnot. Please!
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby velocity_shingo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:01 pm

Kill Bill is the sex

JB =]
velocity_shingo
Frostitute

Postby Priest » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:04 pm

Well, the first time I met him was at his second to last QT Fest, which was his kinda yearly film festival he had at the old Alamo Drafthouse. That time I talked to him for around twenty minutes after one of the films. I couldnt believe it, he was just standing in the lobby shaking peoples hands and no one had the balls to actually talk to him. They woul shake, mumble something about being a fan and walk on. So a buddy of mine and I hung back and waited for the line of people to file out. Then we just walked up, shook his hand, and said hey Im a huge fan, I loved kill bill ...yadda yadda, which led to talking about old kung fu films. SO for about 15 to 20 minutes we would try to out obscure the other with weird asian kung fu shit. He was really cool, like talking to someone you knew for years. We ended up on Crippled Masters, whic is a old Kung Fu movie starring one guy who had no arms, and one guy who had no legs. The actors, were actually handicapped, and the movie is insane and fun. ANYWAY, after a while someone he was with came up and whisperd something in his ear and he said "Sorry guys but I gotta go." That was pretty much it. The second time was at the Alamo premere of No Country for Old Men. It was the opening night of the NEW downtown Alamo and Quentin, Robert Rodriguez, the chick from Planet Terror Robert is banging, Tommy Lee Jones, and The Coen Brothers were all there. I didnt get to meet Tommy Lee Jones or the Coen Bros., and I had met Rodriguez a few times, (douche) but I did get a chance to talk for a few minutes with Tarrantino about No Country, it was cool, he remembered me and my buddy, or said he did. Anyway, so thats my brushes with Tarrantino.
Priest
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:06 am

Awesome! That sounds so cool. But did you call Robert Rodriguez a douche?
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby Priest » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:21 pm

No because my best friends, girlfriends brother works for him and he knows me well enough to know that. :D So ,I didnt want to piss off the guys boss. :P

Plus im looking to get into sound editing for film and though a douche, his douchy checks cash...so ya know if the opportunity arose, I would take his douchy money.
Priest
Frostitute

Postby Mutt » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:31 pm

Now I've heard of blood money before but douche money is a new one on me.

Wait, let me rephrase that... I don't want douche money on me...
Mutt
Frostitute

Postby Geoi » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:03 pm

Priest wrote:No because my best friends, girlfriends brother works for him and he knows me well enough to know that. :D So ,I didnt want to piss off the guys boss. :P

Plus im looking to get into sound editing for film and though a douche, his douchy checks cash...so ya know if the opportunity arose, I would take his douchy money.

RR is one of my favourite writer/directors... Of course QT is #1.... I even ordered the newest Chingon CD. It would suck balls if he was a douche. Are you sure he's just not shy?
Geoi
Frostitute

Postby Priest » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:09 pm

No, hes, far from shy, in fact he is quite happy to take the time to tell you about how much everything he has costs, ... but maybe I just dont care for those types of people.
Priest
Frostitute

Next

Return to General Media